Wednesday, June 13, 2007

MIRACLE DO HAPPEN

Just today I had pretty much came to the conclusion that I should officially cancel the scheduled ministry trip into the"Red-Light District" in Amsterdam (Holland) July 23-30.
It wasn't that I didn't believe that God had instructed me to go there--because I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am supposed to go, but the reality of it is that the necessary financial resources to cover the expenses of the trip have just not came in.
.
(In truth the finances have really just trickled in over the course of the past few months in general, while the ministry demands have continued to grow).
.
The past few days I have had numerous people ask me, "So are you still going to Amsterdam?" It has been one of those questions that just grates on you! With every person who has asked me the question it has been like having a hot poker shoved in my eye! I haven't wanted to say, "Yes" and then not go because of the lack of finances and I didn't want to say, "No" because I know that God has directed me to go.
.
I chose to take the "safe route" in answering the question, "I want to go and I definitely need to go, but I just don't know if I will be able to go." The translation: "The situation does not look promising in regards to going and preaching the Gospel on the streets of Amsterdam." Basically I had resigned myself to making the announcement that the trip was officially canceled.
THEN...out of nowhere I get the following email:
.
Email I received June 13, 2007
.
Well hello minister Troy Bohn,
.
I'm Jeroen Pelt from Holland. I don't know if you still recognize me butt you and your friend Adam prayed for me in Amsterdam. You asked God if he could help me with my school, my job and dont forget my home situation with my parrents. All the things you asked God came true! My father was a good winedrinker and an alcoholic now he's clean and I realy want to thank you and your friend for that. I hope I'll hear something from you.
.
p.s. miracles aren't out of the world.
.
_________________________________________________________________
Probeer nu Live Search: de nieuwe zoekmachine van MSN http://www.live.nl/
.
Tears immediately welled up in my eyes as I read this email! I immediately knew who he was. He had come to talk to me in the midst of the debauchery at least 5-6 times the week that I was there. He would be on his way to one of the many marijuana cafe's and would take the time to stop for sometimes as long as an hour at a time. I was able to give him a crystal-clear presentation of the Gospel and pray with him on several occassions.
This is a copy of the original testimony that I blogged last August after praying with Jarron (Jeroen):

Jarron is sixteen years old and came to talk to me night after night. He has been hooked on marijuana for the past four years (since he was 12!) and spends each day going to the coffee houses (where they don't sell coffee--but various types of pot). I was able to share the Word of God with him in depth and present the plan of salvation and pray with him on several occassions.

In Jeroen's email to me today he included a "p.s." that said, "miracles aren't out of the world". When I shared the Gospel with him in Amsterdam last year he said numerous times that "It would take a miracle for his family" and that "miracles were out of this world" (meaning that they just didn't happen anymore). Well Jeroen is now a believer in miracles and maybe I should be too---because that it what it is going to take to be able to be where I need to be next month.

I don't think that I will cancell that trip just yet. You know, I have been thinking "Miracles are not out of this world." There were many other "Jeroen's" on the streets of Amsterdam last year that we promised we would be back and there are many others waiting for someone to bring light into the midst of this darkess. I'll be standing in faith believing for my miracle too!

Today it will take a $5,000 miracle to see this through. That is HUGE, but probably not as huge as Jeroen's dad getting set free! If God put's it on your heart to be a part of seeing the miracle come to pass, you can invest in seeing the City of Amsterdam (and the nation of Holland) impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ by sending your missions offering to:

Raven Ministries International, Inc.
Re: Amsterdam
P.O. Box 1897
Daytona Beach, Florida 32115
.
Or you can give securely online by clicking the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand side of the page.

Many Blessings,

Pastor Troy D. Bohn
"Miracles DO Happen"

No comments: