Saturday, July 28, 2007

MIssion Work Can Be "Tire-ing" Sometimes!

"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." Galatians 6:9
I don't care what you are going through--there is a scripture for every situation that you might find yourself encountering (you may just need to use your imagination sometime!)
.
This morning as I was getting ready to hit the road, I looked and noticed something on the back tire of the van that I had'nt noticed before--there was a tear in the sidewall of tire! I hadn't previously seen it because it was still holding air and depending on the way that the tire is turned it is less noticable.
.
As I stood there a little stunned I decided to look around the van at the other tires---two of them looked to be in pretty good shape but then I noticed that one of the front tires has steel belts showing throug the rubber---oops! That's not good either.
.
I had to laught to myself as I surveyed the driveway of our house: There was the ministry trailer sitting there with a blowout that we sustained coming back from the last outreach. There was the Jeep (the died on us!) with a flat tire. This must be the day that the devil thought he would slow us down by trying to kock the wind out of our sails (or the air out of our tires in this case!)
.
We are continuing to roll on in Jesus' name! You should too!


No comments: