Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Next RAVEN Van?

WOW--we have an opportunity to get a much needed van for Raven International. The one that we have driven across the country for the past four years (1998 Ford E-150) has seen better days. It has high mileage and is beginning to quickly wear down. We have "prayed it along" this far---and will continue to do the same until God blesses us to replace it.
.
I recently located this one that was taken by a Florida dealership as a new vehicle trade in. It has had one previous private owner (used for their family) and is in great condition with many less miles than our current ministry van. The van can be purchased for only $3995 plus (tt&l)
.
Maybe God has laid it on your heart to assist the ministry in some way?


Description: 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 Extended 15 Passenger van
Miles: 92,264
Engine: 5.9 liter V8

From Seller:
It is all original paint, no scratches, door dings or dents. The interior is very clean, the seats are cloth and are in excellent condition with no rips or tears. Thier are four bench seats and two captain chairs, with 15 seat belts in all. It has newer tires, the brakes operate as they should and do not pull or pulsate. The engine is very quiet and does not leak oil. The transmission operates as it should and does not leak. The exhaust is very quiet and needs nothing. The front end is very tight goes straight down the road, all options work as they should. The van runs cool and all hoses and belts appear to be in excellent condition.
07/19/07 UPDATE
.
Friends,
.
I can't tell you exactly how the principal works (in the natural) but I know that it does---Break Through always starts out with a break! Maybe you have heard people say, "I just need a break." Well, what they need is the first break that will set them up for the breakthrough! I am believing God for our breakthrough as He has provided the break! PTL
.
Last month I received an email from a dear sister in the Lord who does a powerful ministry work in South Africa. She metioned just how difficult of a time it had been the past few months in relationship to ministry finances (we could relate!). She needed several thousand dollars to just get caught up to where she wouldn't have to shut down completely. I so wanted to help her. We believe in her ministry and we love her--but we had the grand total of $50 in our ministry account (a far cry from 1000's).
.
What could we do? How would our menial offering assist her? Then the Holy Spirit spoke to me to do what I had seen Him (Jesus) do with the loaves and fishes that He fed the 5,000 with. He "took it, He broke it, He blessed it, and He gave it away." That is exactly what I did. I took what I did have and "broke it" or I divided it in 1/2 (half for my sister in South Africa half for us) and "blessed it" ( I prayed that is would unstop the flow of resources into her minisry) and "gave it away" ( I sent it to her.)
.
I believe that was a break necessary for the breakthrough! A few days later I recieved another message that she had received her BREAKTHROUGH as a check for $15,000 arrived from a highly unlikely and totally unexpected source! You have heard the phrase "the straw that broke the camel's back." Well maybe our "break" was the straw that broke the devil's back for her! We just took what seemed small to us and stacked it upon what had been laid upon the situation in prayer and faith---and BOOM---the breakthrough came!
.
Yesterday I sent out a message about a van that we had found that would be ideal for the ministry. The van that we drive now is a "walk by faith" van! It has served us well (praise God) but the old girl is getting tired! lol We found another used van that is in great conditon and I sent the message out concerning it. The van is being offered at a great price of just $3995 + TTL (which it would be the same if it was offered for $399.95) We would still have to trust Jesus completely!
.
Today I got a message from a brother in the Lord who sent along $300 and said "This is for the Raven van." Something came to me and said, "This is the break that will lead to the breakthrough." While $300 may just seem like a "drop in the bucket" when we would still need several thousand dollars---I felt my faith SHOOT UP as I counted the "twelve baskets full" of loaves and fishes that were left over after Jesus served lunch to the 5,000 out of a little boys break-fast!
.
I don't know how God will do all that He will do--and you know what---I am not worried about it! God is faithful in the midst of our situations! What I do know is that the enemies strongholds are being breached and a breakthrough is coming! He has tried to "starve us out" by interupting the supply lines of financial resources to reach more people for Jesus---but He forgot about something! Not all supplies are delived via the ground! Some are AIR-LIFTED in to avoid traps and snares along the roadside! I have had enough of satan's IED's (improvised economic delays) and we are continuing to trust JESUS all that HE SUPPLIES! This BREAK is just the first sound in our BREAKTHROUGH!
.
Continue to stand with us in prayer and we'll be testifying to His faithfulness! He is able!

No comments: