Sunday, August 05, 2007

Myrza Belle Tow
June 17, 1906 – August 5, 2007
I received word at 4:00 AM (EST) that my Grandmother had gone to be with the Lord Jesus. My parents and a couple of my cousins were there with her when she quietly passed in her sleep.

I want to thank all of you who prayed for her and the family since her fall and subsequent broken leg last week. Your faith and words of encouragement have meat so much to me and our family. I want to especially thank me dear friends, Pastor Don & Robin Dykes of Raven Amarillo and “Raven” Deb who spent time praying over her and reading the Word to her in what proved to be some of her last hours.

My Grandmother was our families living history book while she was with us. Her live spanned over a century and she lived from the Teddy Roosevelt administration to George Bush’s second term of office. Her life coincided with the 1st World War and she lived to see the Middle Eastern Conflict of the Gulf War and many things in between.

One of the things that has stood out in this grandson and preacher’s mind is that she was born at the onset of the great Azusa Street revival of 1906 that was pivotal in seeing the outpouring of the Holy Spirit throughout the world. My hope and prayer was that this grand lady who was born during one tremendous season of revival would live to see another before her home-going. Perhaps her death will serve as a catalyst for such.

John 12:24 “I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.”

Her life produced may “seeds” that I am believing will bring forth much fruit. May the Lord Jesus use the “seed” of her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grand children be lasting testimonies that will impact this world and the Kingdom to follow.

Her funeral will be held in Amarillo, Texas this coming Wednesday at 1:00 PM (CST) at River Road Fellowship Church located at 500 Willow Creek Dr.

I will be flying out of Daytona Beach that same morning to preach the funeral before returning home the next day and then flying out to New Orleans on Friday to minister on the streets this coming weekend.

Your prayers for the trip and for our family are much appreciated. I am believing the Lord Jesus Christ that souls will be saved at her funeral on Wednesday just as they will be on Bourbon Street just a few days later.
Blessings,

Pastor Troy D. Bohn
Raven Ministries International, Inc.
P.O. Box 1897
Daytona Beach, Florida 32115


No comments: