Thursday, July 08, 2010

Attack leads to OUTPOURING on Bourbon Street!

Earlier we posted the report from the streets of New Orleans’ Bourbon Street concerning being attacked while preaching the Gospel - - but the real story is what happened afterwards as Jesus showed up and showed out!

Following the physical attack upon our team and the subsequent opportunity to minister to the assailant, the Spirit of God began to fall there on the streets of the French Quarter. Here are just a few of the ensuing opportunities we had to see the Holy Spirit speak into the lives of several hurting people.

“Mina” was a shop keeper standing outside of her souvenir store last night. As she stepped out to smoke a cigarette, the Holy Spirit began to impress upon me to go and speak to her. As I stood there praying about what I should say to her she suddenly went back into her shop.

I knew that I had to go over to the front because she would eventually step back outside. No sooner that I stepped in front of the door - - she stepped out. I said to her, “Can I read something to you?” She said, “Sure.”

I turned to the Gospel of Matthew and read…

“He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. Finally he will cause justice to be victorious. And his name will be the hope of all the world."

Her eyes welled with tears as I spoke what the Holy Spirit wanted to say to her concerning her life and her past and that JESUS was the only way that she could be healed and delivered. I asked her if I could then pray with her and she quickly accepted. At the end of the prayer she let out a deep sigh and said, “YES, that is it.” Please keep her in your prayers - - maybe we will see her again as we minister there on the streets.

A few minutes later (as I was still rejoicing over Mina) a man and woman entered a store directly across from where I had just ministered to Mina. The Spirit directed me to Psalm 103

I turned there and as I did the woman walked out and was just hanging up her cell phone following a call. I walked up to here and said, “Excuse me. Can I read something to you?” She said, “Sure” as I held out my Bible to the Book of Psalm

“Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;”

I then said, “We serve a God that still heals. . . even those things that seem impossible.” As soon as I said that she turned and looked at me and said, “You know?” She went on to tell me that she had just received a call from her daughter in Hawaii telling her that her granddaughter was on her death bed - - dying from cancer and that the doctors had said there was no hope.

We laid hands on her and prayed that her granddaughter would be healed in Jesus’ name! I gave her my card and told he to call me with the GOD report!

“Keith” was working at the door of an adjacent night club as I prayed and upon walking away, he called me over. “I have a question for you.” “Sure, what is it?” He went on to tell me that he was once a strong Christian, but fell away after his mother died of cancer.

He asked, “Do you think it is wrong for me to work in a place like this even though I am not here to drink or party?” I turned to the Word of God and read to him:

2 Peter 2:8 “Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day.”

I told him, “You cannot be here day after day and not become affected and in-fected by what is going on.”

He listened to several other scriptures I shared and said that his boss was coming and that he had to get back to work (these club owners are funny about having their employees talk to us – go figure!). I gave him my card and told him to call me and that we’d have coffee soon.

Before we parted I asked him, “So, your mom was a devoted follower of Jesus?” He said, “Absolutely.” I told him, “If you ever want to see her, you need to get your life right with Jesus.”

With everything happening in the Gulf Coast right now, we believe that it is a PRIME TIME to take the Word of God into the Harvest Fields of the New Orleans area and beyond!

Blessings,

Pastor Troy D. Bohn
Raven Ministries International
New Orleans, LA

No comments: