Friday, July 09, 2010

ATTACKER RETURNS!


Last night as we were witnessing on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, I was approached by a young man and young woman who were obviously gunning for an argument. They had stopped as Pastor Jamie proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the French Quarter crowds.

"So, what do you think about Jews?" asked the young lady. "I am a Jew and we killed Jesus didn't we? Don't you hate us for that?"

About that time, Travis (who was the attacker from the night before), came up behind me and grabbed my shoulder. He looked in my eyes and said, "Man I want to apologoze to you again. Please forgive me. I am so sorry for what I did and am humiliated at my actions towards you and your friend."

I stopped him and said, "Travis, do not even think about it again. You are forgiven and we hold not aught towards you at all." You could see the relief in his eyes once again and his squeezed my hand tightly.

After he walked off, the young man and young woman said, "What was that all about?" I responded, "Oh, that was Travis. He kicked me in the groin and punched my friend in the cface last night while we were witnessing about Jesus."

Stunned they said, "And YOU forgave him!" I said, "Absolutely! As a follower of Jesus, we are required to follow and live by His example. All of our sins beat and crucified Him and He said, 'Father forgive them...".

This opened up a 1/2 conversatio wherein I was able to answer their questions and expose them to the message of the Messiah that they have both spiritually and culturally rejected. The young man admitted to being a homosexual (expecting me to bristle), and I was able to share with him God's miraculous power to deliver ANYONE from ANYTHING.

At the end of the conversation the young woman said, "My experience with Christians from where I am from has always been very bad. You have got to be the nicest person that I have ever met."

WOW - - that is certainly not soemthing that I hear everyday - - but praise God that we past the test and even in the midst of persecution and opposition we were able to demonstrate the Character of JESUS to both Travis and these young people.
GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: